Hammocks Beach State Park, Swansboro, NC
Responsible for the safe transportation of park visitors to/from Hammocks Beach State Park Mainland and
Seasonal Position Memorial Day through Labor Day
1. Controls operations of ferry vessels and inclusive systems.
2. Directs and coordinates activities of crew or workers, such as loading and unloading passengers.
3. Responsible for the records of daily activities, movements and prepares reports.
4. Instructs crew, and assigns duties to deckhand or any staff aboard ferry vessel.
5. Signals deckhand to rig tow lines, open or close gates and secure ramps.
6. Inspects vessel to ensure safety of crew and passengers, efficient and safe operation of vessel and equipment, and conformance to regulations.
7. Use first aid and emergency procedures as necessary.
Special Skills: United States Coast Guard Master (25 Tons) Captain’s License required;
CPR and First Aid Certification through American Heart Association or Red Cross required.
Working with the public or customer service experience preferred.
Pay: $11.44/hour, no benefits. 40 hours/week